Scheduling Body Venture
Watch Body Venture in Action
||Body Venture Request to Schedule for 2019-2020 School Year
Scheduling Information and the Request to Schedule Body Venture form are included in the packet.
By March 1 of each year, information about scheduling Body Venture for the following school year is sent to all Kansas elementary principals, superintendents, Child Nutrition Program authorized representatives, and others who have requested it.
- Complete the Request to Schedule Body Venture form. Completion and submission of the form does not guarantee that Body Venture will be scheduled for your school. Due to widespread interest in the exhibit, we anticipate Body Venture will not be able to visit all schools that request it during the school year.
- DO NOT send money with the Request to Schedule Body Venture form. You will be billed AFTER Body Venture visits your school.
- Because the Body Venture exhibit is enclosed, it can be uncomfortably HOT inside the exhibit. We suggest that you do NOT request Body Venture during months of the year when temperatures may be warm unless you have air-conditioning in the gym or room where Body Venture will be set up.
- Small schools within the same geographic area may choose to have their students participate in Body Venture at one location on one day. Because additional time is generally required when students are from more than one school, the total number of students may not exceed 300.
After Body Venture is scheduled for your school...
May 15, Child Nutrition & Wellness, Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE) will send a letter stating whether or not Body Venture has been scheduled for your school.
Approximately 6 weeks prior to the visit, you will be sent a Body Venture Coordinator Guidel (Click on the Resources tab to access the School Manual.).
Four weeks prior to the visit, you will be contacted by KSDE to finalize set-up time and other details.
One day prior to the visit, you will receive a confirmation call from the Body Venture manager.
- Have a 50
by 60 ft space available for the Body Venture exhibit the night before the scheduled Body Venture date.
This allows for five feet of clearance around the outside of the
40-foot by 50-foot exhibit. The floor should be swept and clean.
- Recruit a minimum of
12 and a maximum of 15 volunteers for both set-up and take down of the exhibit. At least 2/3 of the volunteers must be adults. Refer to Setting Up the Exhibit on page 5 of
Chapter 2 of the Body Venture
School Manual for more detail.
- Recruit 12-24 presenters to engage the children in the activities provided at each Body Venture Station. Parents, community members, college students, and even mature high school juniors and seniors, if they work well with younger students, are great for this important role.
- Prepare teachers for Body Venture by copying and distributing:
- Teacher memos describing
and explaining Body Venture (Chapter 9 of the Body
Venture School Manual)
- Body Venture classroom
activities (Chapter 4 of the Body Venture School
- Teacher Resources
(Chapter 7 of the Body Venture School Manual)
- Complete the Participation Report and give to the Body Venture Manager at the conclusion of the day.
- Complete follow-up within a week after Body Venture is over.